Cutter Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent, Pump Spray, 4-Ounce
- REPELS MOSQUITOES: DEET-free formula repels mosquitoes, including those that may carry West Nile virus
- WITH OIL OF LEMON EUCALYPTUS: The active ingredient in Cutter Lemon Eucalyptus Insect Repellent is derived from the leaves of the Lemon Eucalyptus tree
- REPELS MOSQUITOES THAT MAY CARRY WEST NILE VIRUS: Creates a barrier against annoying mosquitoes that can spoil the outdoors
- FRESH, CLEAN SCENT: Cool lemon eucalyptus scent – never feels oily or greasy
- LASTS UP TO 6 HOURS: Reapply once daily as needed (up to twice per day)
Although using any repellent is most important, choosing the right active ingredient for your individual needs can make repelling bugs a painless process. Consider the length of time you’ll be outside and the type of activity you’re planning. There are a variety of insect repellents available, ranging from the familiar DEET to newer ingredients like picaridin and oil of lemon eucalyptus. Deet has been used in the U.S. for more than 50 years and continues to be an effective option for consumers. DEET-based products are recommended for those who plan to spend longer periods of time outdoors in more heavily infested conditions. Picaridin (pronounced “pick-CARE-a-den”) became available in the U.S. in 2005. Clean, odorless and effective, this active ingredient provides the long-lasting, effective protection consumers have come to expect from DEET in a formula with a light, clean feel. Oil of lemon eucalyptus is the only plant-based active ingredient recommended by the CDC. Derived from oil obtained from the leaves of the Eucalyptus citriodora tree, this active ingredient repels mosquitoes and deer ticks for up to six hours.